Man in U.S. Illegally Charged With Sexual Assault in Roscommon County
Sheriff says man was previously deported before returning to the United States
ROSCOMMON TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A man living illegally in the United States has been arrested on multiple counts of criminal sexual conduct following an investigation in Roscommon County, authorities said Monday.
The Roscommon County Sheriff’s Office said it launched an investigation into an alleged sexual assault involving teenage girls from the Houghton Lake area. During the investigation, officials discovered that adult men had been communicating with multiple local teens, prompting the sheriff’s office to contact the U.S. Border Patrol and agents from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations unit.
On April 25, law enforcement officers executed search warrants at several properties in Roscommon Township and Houghton Lake. Authorities said six individuals were located during the operation, including three who were identified as being illegally present in the United States. Two were turned over to federal authorities, while the third — identified as Leocado Hernandez-Garcia, 33, of Mexico — was arrested on five counts of criminal sexual conduct.
I left the mainstream media to report the truth, free from corporate control. If you can, please consider becoming a paid subscriber for just $6/month. Your support keeps independent journalism alive and free for everyone. You can quit at anytime.
According to investigators, Hernandez-Garcia had previously been deported from the United States in 2014 and was expelled again in 2023 under Title 42. Authorities said he reentered the country illegally at an unknown date and location without being inspected by immigration officials.
Hernandez-Garcia was arraigned Monday in the 82nd District Court in Roscommon and remains in custody awaiting further hearings. Authorities stressed that all suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
The sheriff’s office said no further information will be released as the investigation remains ongoing.
Assisting agencies included the U.S. Border Patrol, ICE Homeland Security Investigations, Gerrish Township Police Department, Richfield Township Department of Public Safety, and Roscommon Township Fire Department.
This is the entire news release from the Roscommon County Sheriff:
04/28/2025
Criminal Sexual Conduct Involving Illegal Aliens
The Roscommon County Sheriff’s Office opened an investigation into an alleged sexual assault that occurred in Roscommon Township of Roscommon County. During the course of that investigation, investigators discovered that adult male subjects had been conversing with multiple teenage females from the Houghton Lake area. Investigators contacted federal law enforcement authorities including the United States Border Patrol and agents from United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations. Investigation showed that the suspect in this incident was in the United States illegally and residing in Houghton Lake Michigan.
On the evening of Friday, April 25, 2025, search warrants were executed at multiple properties in Roscommon Township, Houghton Lake, Michigan. We would like to thank the USBP, ICE HSI, the Gerrish Township Police Department, the Richfield Township Department of Public Safety, and the Roscommon Township Fire Department for assisting in these operations.
During these operations, six subjects were located at these premises. Three subjects were identified as being illegally present in the United States. Two of these illegal aliens were turned over to federal authorities at the scene. The third, Leocado Hernandez-Garcia - a 33-year-old man from Mexico, was arrested on 5 counts of criminal sexual conduct. An illegal alien from Mexico, he had been removed from the United States previously on two occasions. Hernandez-Garcia was deported from the United States in 2014. He was encountered again in 2023 and expelled under Title 42. He reentered the United States a third time at unknown date and location without inspection by an immigration official.
Hernandez-Garcia was arraigned on his criminal charges in the 82nd District Court in Roscommon on 04/28/2025 and awaits further hearings in the District Court. As always, all suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Please do not call for further information reference this incident. This is the only information that is being released reference this ongoing investigation.



Castration, then deportation! Let the word get around.
This one will only come back if deported. Just shoot his ass. Make an example. It's the only thing they understand.