BREAKING: Donald Trump injured during reported shooting at rally in Pennsylvania
I am working to get more information
Former President Trump was injured during an assassination attempt at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.
Donald Trump is reported to be "fine" following a shooting at his rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, according to his campaign. The gunman, who fired several shots, is dead, according to the Butler County District Attorney, who also confirmed that one attendee was killed in the incident.
The Secret Service reported, "the former president is safe" after shots were fired at Trump while he was speaking from the podium at the rally on Saturday evening.
The incident occurred on the evening of July 13. The Secret Service has implemented protective measures, and the former President is safe. This is now an active Secret Service investigation, and further information will be released when available, stated the Secret Service.
Trump was immediately escorted off the stage after the gunfire erupted shortly after 6 p.m. He had been speaking for about five minutes before the alleged assassination attempt.
Trump had just said, "The worst president in the history of our country took over and look what happened to our country. Probably 20 million people... and that's a little bit old that chart, that chart is a couple of months old. If you really want to see something, take a look at..." before the shots rang out.
A live feed of the rally showed blood coming from the area above Trump's right ear as his security rushed to the stage and whisked him away. Amid the chaos, Trump could be heard saying, "Let me get my shoes." As he was being escorted, he raised his fist in the air while supporters repeatedly chanted, "USA."
Trump was then placed in an SUV by Secret Service officers before the vehicle drove away from the rally.
"Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania, former president whisked away by security," reported CNN Newsource.
"Shooter is down, we're clear," was heard from the podium microphone.
Butler County District Attorney Richard A. Goldinger told the Associated Press that a rally attendee and the shooter were dead.
Following the shooting, Trump's campaign said Trump was "fine." Campaign spokesman Steven Cheung stated, "President Trump thanks law enforcement and first responders for their quick action during this heinous act. He is fine and is being checked out at a local medical facility. More details will follow."
President Joe Biden has been made aware of the shooting, according to the White House. The President received an initial briefing on the incident at Former President Trump’s rally.
Trump was campaigning two days before the Republican National Convention.


Why is it that no one can play the video? No videos will load.